Monday 20 June 2011

First post!

Hello and welcome,

I am Erika and I am currently working as a Graduate Library Trainee at the University of Surrey. I am going on to UCL to study for the MA in Library and Information Studies in September (fulltime!). I have started this blog as part of the CPD23 programme, through which I am hoping to learn more about social media and its application in libraries and to meet other trainees/students/young professionals! I have never blogged before, although I have written two entries for the London graduate library trainees blog (http://trainee-blog.blogspot.com/) and I have ambitiously started working on a website for rare book librarians (www.librirarian.wordpress.com), which I have, I am sorry to say, frightfully neglected over the past few weeks.

Do drop a comment if you like!

6 comments:

  1. Good job on your first post! The background image is fun. I'm really enjoying my cpd23 experience so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I'm the Grad Trainee at Leesd Met Uni & yep, starting 'Library school' in September at Sheffield. I also love your background - think my blog could be described as 'could try harder'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! The background image is a picture I took of the Chained Library at the Royal Grammar School here in Guildford :-)
    It is nice to meet new people through CPD23!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name librirarians for rare books librarians! Although I'm really interested in social media, I think the Things I'm looking forward to the most are the 'real life' things such as learning more about how to get published etc. (Not that I have anything which I could publish yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to reading about your experiences!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erika - thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I also love your background image, it reminds me of the Unseen University library in Terry Pratchett's books, where some volumes have to be kept chained up (or worse) not because of what readers might do to them, but because what they might do to readers...

    I hope you find the #CPD23 project thoroughly worthwhile - do stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete